About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Company Planning team collaborates with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability. In this role you will be responsible for developing a tops-down sales, margin, and inventory forecast, as well as financial analyses that support the brand's in-season & pre-season commercial plan strategies. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability.
Open to remote candidates.
What You'll Do
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan, forecast and trend on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop ad-hoc financial models and analysis that clearly quantify the cost / benefit of new business initiatives and changing trends to both the store channel as well as omni channel strategies
- Initiate analyses with a growth mindset to solve problems, create alternatives, and provide recommendations to leadership based on quantitative and objective analysis
- Establish seasonal financial targets at the brand and channel level that support delivery of the brand's long term goals
- Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts aligneconcile with the total company's plan/forecasts
- Take initiative and explore ways to better understand competitors, industry performance and macro economic trends as relevant for development of financial plans
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Who You Are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify trends and irregularities in data
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and lead influential conversations with executive management
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a large amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Self-motivated: empowered to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be fully accountable for results
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling. Strong technical aptitude, including ability to learn and develop company systems, tools, and reporting
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Essbase, Omniture, NOVA/MicroStrategy
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs