About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Manager reports to the Director of Product Creation Strategy. He/ she will facilitate the creation and drive the delivery of a range of production-focused strategic initiatives in support of overall Old Navy objectives.
This position requires both strategic and tactical agility with a strong bias towards cross-functional collaboration and delivery.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office and requires you to be in the office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Define and lead the delivery of strategic initiatives in support of the overall Brand and Production team priorities. Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Partner with Sourcing and other functional strategy teams to identify, prioritize, and scope operational / transformational initiatives in support of Brand objectives
- Support the Production leadership team in goal setting, establish clear action plans to achieve the goals, and manage measurement of progress against objectives
- Define and deliver specific prioritized process improvement initiatives
- Lead work-streams, owning the end-to-end journey of initiating a project, getting leadership alignment, driving recommendations, managing teams, overseeing deliverables, establishing change management strategies, and leading the working team to execute project as planned
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional teams to successfully drive projects. This includes building and aligning on road-maps, managing risks, and communicating at all levels of the organization
Who You Are
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to frame / scope opportunities into clear and executable initiatives
- Strong communication, verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Experience/Skills/Requirements: The ideal candidate will have an understanding of product creation processes, sourcing and logistics, garment production, process engineering and calendar management
- Apparel Product-To-Market (P2M) experience that include variety of pipelines, responsive and understanding of product architecture
- Demonstrated experience at working collaboratively with cross-functional global teams, including Design, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Sourcing and Logistics
- A thought leader, who provides insights and recommendations to business leader on key initiatives to pursue that improves operations and drives competitive advantage
- Strong organizational skill that the can lead a team of cross-functional partners to initiative, execute, and implement projects
- Strong analytical capabilities and experience with core business intelligence tools such as Microstrategies, PowerBI, and Essbase
- Strong Project Management skills coupled with Change Management experience
- Required skills include problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation, business acumen, and strong verbal and written communication.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs