About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In the GapTech Strategy and Operations group, you will be part of the Scrum Master Leadership Team leading strategic initiatives to foster an agile mindset, drive technical delivery excellence and improve our ways of working across product lines and functions. This role is part leadership, part coach and individual contributor all rolled up into one. You will be working closely with the Scrum Master Leads, Engineering, Product Management and Technical Program Management embedded within the product engineering lines to build a cross functional community focused on improving flow, agile practice adoption and reducing friction for our product teams. The outcome for this role is to help create an environment of high performing teams, increase speed and velocity and maximize delivery of value.
We are hiring technology enthusiasts who share our passion for building products, coaching teams and driving continuous improvement towards efficient delivery of high quality software.
What You'll Do
- Lead strategic initiatives and provide coaching with leaders and product teams to enable improved agility and delivery excellence across product lines
- Partner with the Scrum Master Leaders to build and grow a global team of scrum masters (US and Hyderabad) and fostering a community of delivery excellence focused on business outcomes and results
- Partner with functional leaders to define and execute coaching and continuous improvement plans with scrum masters and product teams
- Embed in the product lines and work hand in hand with Engineering, Product Management and Technical Program Management to create an environment to enable high performing teams, adoption and scaling of agile practices based on product line context
- Apply leading practices such as value stream mapping and other techniques to help align on improved ways of working and process improvement
- Introduce newefine existing standards and processes where appropriate to create guardrails and pollination of good practices across product teams
- Identifying systemic constraints and impediments that is impacting flow and creating friction for product teams and partnering across product lines and functions to define solutions and process improvements
- Collaboratively apply agile principles, practices and appropriate metrics across product lines to enable increased visibility, transparency and measurement of business driven outcomes and creation of value
- Establish and foster a cross-functional community of change champions across product lines to drive continuous improvement and optimization of ways of working
Who You Are
- 8+ years technology experience with 3+ years as a hands-on Enterprise Coach, or equivalent experience required. Must have management experience with proven ability to grow and lead a distributed team across multiple geographies, time zones and cultures. Experience working in a Product Team Model and DevOps organization required
- Must have both technical and financial acumen to facilitate business oriented results and experience and proven ability to collaborate and align teams across a matrix based organization based on influence
- Deep understanding and experience in Scrum and other agile methodologies and understanding of agile software development principles and practices; i.e. Extreme Programming
- Experience in establishing and defining appropriate standards and processes with cross-functional teams
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilize initiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results; effective and efficient in facilitating solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived
- Experience in proactive improvement of software development processes and practices to optimize value delivery
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs