About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Director, Global Travel will design and deliver a global travel vision that prioritizes employee experience and reinforceseflects Gap Inc.’s culture, while adhering to policy, safety, security and spend management guardrails. This person will influence and lead program strategies, best practices, and internal customer relationship management at a strategic level. This position will work with Global Travel team members and cross-functional business partners in international hub locations to ensure excellent travel services support and drive creativity in the global travel program. A key objective is to drive alignment to advance the strategies, promote the traveler journey and pave the way for innovations and technological advancements. A track record of out-of-the-box thinking and innovation will enable implementation of initiatives to elevate the travel program as a competitive advantage for talent acquisition and retention. This Director will also be spending time inspiring, leading, and developing talent.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the strategy for Gap Inc.’s Global Travel function in alignment with company values and culture, including Equality & Belonging, sustainability, and cultivating a culture of creativity and innovation
- Inspire employees and vendors to deliver excellent customer service with a culture of continuous improvement, using customer (traveler) insights to inform strategic decisions and initiatives
- Ensure development and implementation of global partnership strategies in alignment with the travel strategy; manage senior executive relationships with vendors including but not limited to agency services, airlines, car rental companies, hotels, and technology vendors; negotiate contracts and ensure vendor accountability to all commitments
- Lead visionary efforts to identify, prioritize and implement automation and technology solutions to create a seamless and modern traveler experience
- Participate as a thought leader in industry associations to benchmark new initiatives and trends that are driving the travel industry
- Work collaboratively with the in-country team liaisons to ensure consistency in the travel experience globally while considering the need for regional differences in processes, tools, or market needs
Who You Are
Who You Are:
- Tech-savvy innovator with ability to develop a vision and inspire team members to execute against it
- A strategic leader with the ability to juggle competing priorities and demands with evolving scope and tight deadlines
- Customer-focused with ability to quickly build high-trust strategic relationships with all levels of employees, including C-suite executives
- Well networked within the travel industry, with deep knowledge of corporate travel trends and best practices and experience with complex implementations
- A proven negotiator with experience managing multimillion dollar contracts
- 10+ years experience in corporate travel management with global travel management experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs