About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Assist in the seasonal recruiting process for the Distribution Center/Global Supply Chain.
What You'll Do
- Application review, telephone / in-person interview Distribution Center candidates.
- Data entry of application information and updates into e-recruiting software or Access database.
- Schedule group or individual interviews on a daily basis for open positions.
- Meet, greet and sign-in candidates for interview and new hire orientation.
- Facilitate tours during group interviews.
- Assist in the completion of new hire offer paperwork.
- Co-Facilitate group interviews and select the most qualified candidates, in conjunction with hiring Supervisor/Manager.
- Enter background check information into GIS system.
- Maintain pre-employment screening (background and drug test) results in Excel spreadsheet.
- Track background results and drug screen results.
- Inform new hires of failed drug screen and/or background check results.
- Assist with administration and preparation of New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Attend job fairs and recruiting events.
- Resume mine” job boards and Taleo to identify potential candidates.
- Identify critical HR issues and report them to HR Generalist.
- Assist with additional recruiting needs as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining overall department standards for consistency/quality.
- Ensure effective communications – up, down and across the business.
Who You Are
- Flexible hours and availability to work additional hours, on weekends as necessary and in other departments of the business
- High level of confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Periodic travel to career fairs and recruiting events
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Creativity to suggest improvements to the recruiting process
- Passion for customer service
- Intermediate PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills
- Experience with E-Recruiting software preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and analytical skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to effectively speak in front of a group of people
- Strong data entry/typing skills preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
- Associates degree in Human Resources Management or a related field preferred
- 1 – 2 years of Customer Service, Operations, or Human Resources experience
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and / or other software / database skills
- 1 year of high volume recruiting experience preferred
- Distribution environment experience preferred
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, 30% off at Outlet
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs