About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will embody Do The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in an energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand Power, Enduring Customer Relationships, and exuding our commitment to Team and Values. You’ll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
You are charged with identification and mitigation of external theft and fraud trends within a specific market and group of stores. This role will conduct investigations focusing on Habitual Offenders, high impact external theft/fraud incidents through the use of company technology (CCTV, Incident Reporting, Data Analysis). This role directly teaches and trains Store Leaders and Brand Associates in the safe practices of effectively handling external theft events and the use of the Company Case Management and Reporting systems.
This role regularly interacts with State/County/Local Law Enforcement in developing comprehensive and detailed cases pertaining to habitual and aggressive offenders and provides expertise to and influences Law Enforcement Agencies to assist in the safe apprehension of these offenders. This role will represent the Company and will regularly interact and assist Prosecuting Attorney’s Offices to prosecute cases that meet State and Local standards.
What You'll Do
- Identification, resolution, and training around internal and external theft awareness and reduction
- Emergency preparedness, risk analysis, and threat mitigation
- Support and delivers on the objective of shortage and safety programs
- Collaborate with leadership, internal and external partners, and law enforcement to execute the Company Habitual Offender Program (Prosecution through case building)
- Operational controls and compliance
Who You Are
- Ability to provide Loss Prevention leadership to drives results, coach and develops direct reports, collaborate and lead execution through others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Time management and ability to prioritize /multi task
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
- Effectively train and onboard new employees and help to create an inclusive environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs