About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment for our DC employees and visitors. The AP Specialist has a thorough knowledge of Gap Inc. policy and procedures. The AP Specialist works closely with AP Shift Coordinators and above to perform duties that directly support the core supply chain AP responsibilities of physical security, safety, inventory management, auditing, and investigations. The AP Specialist demonstrates knowledge of DC Operations and develops relationships to increase AP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize shortage within their assigned area of responsibility. The AP Specialist also serves as a primary point of contact with the public (e.g. visitors, emergency services, law enforcement and other government officials).
What You'll Do
- Ensure a safe + crime-free environment for DC employees and visitors. Maintain & manage controls which include: Access Control Points, Physical Security / Fire Safety / Equipment and all related Systems & Administration. Protection of all company assets: People, Property & Product.
- Safety / Business Continuity Support – Assist with all Campus Emergencies. Including: Fire / Safety & Medical / Severe Weather-related events. Responsible for contacting emergency services and site coordination.
- Shortage reduction Programs: Performing Inventory Auditing & Systems related functions.
- Support AP Investigations & Research provide accurate reporting & case management. Apply / use of all applicable investigative tools and ensure administrative compliance. Maintain confidentiality in all related matters.
Who You Are
- Minimum High School diploma / preferred college graduate with at least 2 years Security / Asset Protection experience with appropriate Training & Certifications: First Aid / CPR / Security or Investigative license if local area requires.
- Knowledge of Security & Asset Protection Procedures.
- Strong Customer Service Skills, ability to maintain decorum & confidentiality, with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while multi-tasking. Strong ability to problem solve and apply appropriate actions that may involve uncommon situations
- Have intermediate computer skills (spreadsheets, databases, word processing).
- Ability to work a Flexible Schedule at times.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to stand or walk for significant periods of time. Ability to lift 50lbs/23kg.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs