About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
About This Team
At Athleta, our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to reach their limitless potential. We're looking for those who continually push themselves to be their best while celebrating inclusivity & diversity, sustainability, innovation, and equality. We conceptualize and create solves with the customer at our core. We work as a team and recognize the value of being a part of something bigger.
About the Role
The Associate Creative Director is primarily responsible for the strategic execution of omnichannel brand visual creative across marketing programs and channels.
This position will support the omnichannel brand visual strategy for seasonal campaigns and new programs, oversee/execute art direction and design of visual creative, inspire/mentor/coach designers and art directors, concept for seasonal campaigns and new marketing programs and work collaboratively across cross-functional teams in creating wholistic brand experiences.
The ACD will lead art directors and digital/print designers and will report into Creative Director, Brand Visual in leading and creating omnichannel brand visuals for marketing programs and seasonal campaigns.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do
- Develop and facilitate, in partnership with Creative Director, strategic omnichannel brand marketing campaign concepts that meet business objectives
- Influence positioning and visual creative strategies for seasonal campaigns and marketing programs
- Accomplish multiple creative projects simultaneously across all vehicles (digital, retail, print), through the management and motivation of direct reports and collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Effectively manage creative workflow, while monitoring team bandwidth, inspiring teamwork and ensuring resources are allocated according to project needs
- Oversee and execute the creative process across the team, collaborating to build concept boards, photo briefs and design assets across multiple channels
- Lead art direction and photoshoots, ensuring Brand visual strategy is compelling and consistent
- Present creative in various settings, partnering with key business partners to garner feedback and cultivate consensus
- Collaborate with strategic agency partners to execute omnichannel campaign concepts against the Brand visual strategy
Who You Are
Who You Are
- 8+ years of design, art direction and/or creative direction experience, including people management
- BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CS: including Adobe XD, InVision, MS, MIRO
- Experience concepting, designing and art directing campaigns across marketing channels (including retail and digital)
- Passion for wellbeing/fashion/lifestyle retail and understanding of current industry related trends
- Goal oriented, with demonstrated success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Well versed in short-term and long-range planning and execution of a portfolio of projects
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, developing and motivating teams of talented and diverse professionals
- Established skillset in relationship-building, presentation and communication (written and verbal); Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs