Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the store leadership team by performing functional tasks as assigned. You will act as a mentor and role model to employees to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specific areas of expertise. You will focus on leading processes and/or areas of the business, executing tasks and maintaining productivity to ensure goals are met. Through collaboration with your leadership team, your goal is to teach and coach your team and drive behaviors to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a role model to achieve priorities in store, with the customer as the primary focus
- Support the store leadership team to collaborate effectively with employees and ensure work tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Build and share expertise in an assigned specialized functional area
- Support completion or work processes before or after the store closes as needed inclusive of opening and/or closing the store
- Listen and ask questions to solicit feedback to understand needs and provide service
- Handle unique or complex customer interactions
Who You Are
- Provides clear and direct communication of expectations and gives feedback
- Ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Able to effectively lead and inspire others through coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate interest and initiative towards continuous improvement and growth
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs