About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner with business leaders and engineers to build custom software that powers our iconic brands of Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. You will help define the product roadmap by working with other product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities to positively impact the customer experience.
What You'll Do
- As a Product Manager II, you will work with your product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out the customer experience.
- Write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software
- Develop and manage project plans and key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders; articulates product needs clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross functional partners
- Develop in depth knowledge of industry trends and standards to introduce the continual process, tool and methodology improvements
- Identify, measure, and interpret results to validate product strategy; Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in product management - strategy, management consulting or similar role also applicableExperience working on major product-to-market applications, S
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations with a newly created team and charterDemonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownershipExcellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed dataProficient at project management and communication, strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with diverse user groupsAbility to drive and execute product measurement and articulate health, success, and impact to business through product data Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationshipsExperience working with Customer Analytics products or in Customer Analytics field strongly preferredUnderstanding of media effectiveness and analytics preferredBachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Decision Science, Business, Operations or related analytics field preferred This role is based out of the San Francisco office and requires you to be in the office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs