About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Data and Analytics Team at Gap Inc. applies operations research and machine learning techniques to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is on creating analytical capabilities to support inventory management at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include segmentation, forecasting, inventory optimization, model performance measurement and business growth initiatives. You will support the team to build and deploy Data and Analytics capabilities, in partnership with GapTech, PDM, Central Marketing & business partners across our brands.
What You'll Do
- Build, validate, and maintain Operations Research (OR) and/or AI (Machine Learning /Deep learning) models
- Work with large quantities of data, compile and analyze data from different sources to ensure quality and completeness as needed for data science models
- Provide framework/methodology for measurement and feedback mechanism for models
- Collaborate within the team and outside the team to solve complex problems
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Continuously research and work to integrate emerging methodology, technology, coding and version control practices that best fits the team
Who You Are
- Proven professional experience in areas of machine learning, operation research, statistics or inventory theory.
- Ability to develop and apply advanced analytics and machine learning solutions to solve business problems. Proficiency in R, Python, PySpark, Hive and/or common scripting languages.
- Proficiency in SQL for efficient manipulation of large datasets in on-prem and cloud environments.
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and influence product and analytics roadmap, with a demonstrated proficiency in relationship building.
- Advanced degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs