About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner in an agile team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug new Enterprise Retail Applications or significant enhancements to existing applications of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to Gaptech Inventory and Sales Auditing Systems.
What You'll Do
- Partner of DevOps Team to be able to design, develop, code, test, debug and support the production of new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Partner with Enterprise Retail Development Team to develop new complex Applications for GapTech Data Platform Team and Inventory Visibility Systems.
- Work closely with business partners and technical staff to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with product developers in a fast-moving agile team to define and implement effective and efficient automated tests Documents
- Own work to promote transparency and reuse
- Build unit tests, debug integration issues, and deploy emergency patches as needed
- Build production-quality enterprise-grade systems that achieve target SLAs for scalability, reliability, and performance on schedule
- Actively participate in the code-review process
- Prioritize and handle multiple concurrent projects and efforts
- Accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; making clear, specific commitments to deliver results
Who You Are
- Has strong technical expertise in core java, spring framework(spring boot), JPA, hibernate, etc.
- Good knowledge of microservice architecture and design patterns
- Should have done at least 2 projects in microservice development using Spring Boot
- Good to have knowledge on Docker container, Kubernetes
- Good experience on SQL and NOSQL Databases
- Has Strong Experience in different type of Integration Patterns eg. Kafka, File-Based etc.
- Good knowledge of performance tuning and profiling of java enterprise applications.
- Should have good technical leadership skills and be able to technically guide a team of 7 to 8 team members.
- Should be able to perform design, code reviews, and guide the team on this
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs