About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Customer Analytics Team at Gap Inc. applies data analysis and machine learning techniques to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is on creating analytical capabilities to support customer acquisition and retention, personalization and marketing at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include segmentation, targeting, forecasting, marketing effectiveness measurement and optimizations, customer behaviors, site analytics and business growth initiatives. You will support the team to build and deploy Data and Analytics capabilities, in partnership with GapTech, PDM, Central Marketing & business partners across our brands.
What You'll Do
- Design and build reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end user information portals or resources
- Advise business groups by providing technical and strategic reports that identify and address business issues and opportunities
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements based on business requests and needs
- Collaborate with business partners to translate high impact business opportunities into analytic frameworks, business requirements, and plans to support model development
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Proficient in data access and analysis methods for large customer and transactional data: Expert SQL skills and working experience with an array of data extraction, manipulation and summarization languages and toolsets such as R, Python, SAS, Databricks, Azure, Domino Data Lab
- Familiarity and experience using visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs