About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using your knowledge of software development and Agile practice. You will collaborate closely with business support teams, product managers, security and architecture to assist in resolving critical production issues to help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation. You are a technical expert that will lead through the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. You are proficient in at least one core programming languages or packages.
What You'll Do
- Define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high performing technologies that are also domain specific.
- Develop and enhance product and/or applications with limited direction to solve business problems of medium complexity by keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learning from emerging technologies and through collaboration with cross functional stakeholders.
- Serve as application expert in support of domain areas.
- Communicate difficult concepts, providing technical and professional interpretations and recommendations.
- Advise and mentor junior team members and enable collaboration to help teams achieve their best.
Who You Are
- Software Development experience and understanding of security, secure coding/testing and data structures and aware of industry and competitor practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software development, practice, concepts and technology.
- Proficiency with various software languages and platforms such as Java, Oracle, Azure etc.
- Experience with related technology stack and platforms.
- Experience with building and sustaining effective relationships with immediate team and stakeholders.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs