About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Change Management team is part of the Product Management (PdM) group. The PdM group designs, creates, and implements technology business solutions that maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
The Change Management team facilitates the people side of change across Gap, Inc. by enabling adoption and sustainability of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc.
The Senior Manager of Change Management will focus on enabling and measuring sustainable change for these implementations leveraging the Change Management Operating Model, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed for business processes, systems and technology and job roles. The primary responsibility will be executing Prosci-based change management strategies that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
This role supports the multiple projects and collaborates with various cross-functional teams. Key stakeholders include Product Management, Business Teams across Inc., Learning & Development, and the GapTech Business Engagement Team. This role will be supporting our Enterprise and Franchise space.
What You'll Do
- Develops and executes comprehensive change management strategies for technology program-level initiatives across multiple projects throughout Gap Inc.
- Leveraging our Change Management Operating Model, oversees creation and leads development and execution of project-level change management activities and deliverables for major new technology initiatives, such as: impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, sponsor roadmaps, and plans across communication, coaching, training, resistance management, and measurement for adoption
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to drive awareness, build desire, increase adoption, defining and measuring success metrics, and mitigate risk.
- Works as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams
- Leads training development and delivery efforts
- Proactively anticipates challenges and finds solutions to mitigate risks
- Creates sustainability strategy and execution plan to ensure stakeholder groups can sustain adoption post roll out and own future ongoing improvement efforts
- Drives collaboration and improvements within the Change Management team
Who You Are
- 7+ years work experience including projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to change with an eagerness to learn and demonstrate resilience
- Curiosity for technology, what drives the business and understanding how individual stakeholders approach their roles
- Proven track record of collaborating with a range of cross-functional teams, successfully worked through others and ability to establish strong relationships
- Solid understanding of how people experience change, and how change management affects their experience
- Ability to influence and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences including presenting to multiple levels of an organization and executive leadership
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, offer solutions, identify resources and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs