About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This role ensures the integrity of sales information across multiple systems. Specifically, this role is responsible for various transactional audit processes and the timely and accurate resolution of errors and discrepancies. Additional duties will include banking processes relating to the reconciliation of cash transactions. The work will be a combination of both routine and some non-routine clerical accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures. You will maintain accuracy and efficiency in a continuously changing environment. We are looking for an individual who is energized by new challenges and passionate about elevating everyday work.
What You'll Do
- Accurate and timely resolution of multiple error types relating to transactional and store level discrepancies
- Utilize reconciliation software to identify and resolve discrepancies between store cash deposits and bank deposits received
- Responsible for various methods of communication with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate resolution to open issues
- Accountable for various weekly and monthly tasks in accordance with the financial close process including the preparation of journal entries
- Perform various routine processes which may include downloading reports, updating datasets, running automation scripts, and communicating information to relevant business partners
Who You Are
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and work effectively under critical deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as being able to effectively communicate with various business partners both internal and external
- Good problem solving and follow up skills along with a strong attention to detail
- Customer centric with the ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Able to embrace change and think outside the box to deliver solutions
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs