About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Senior Surface Concept Designer supports the Surface Design Team, with focus and emphasis on Surface concept and creation.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Surface Director & Concept Manager to create best in class, innovational print and pattern concept that aligns with Athleta’s brand vision.
- Build compelling print and pattern narrative on a semester basis.
- Implement 3D Software for print and pattern.
- Work closely with Surface CAD & R&D Team to ensure artwork is consistent with feasibility and cost parameters.
- Analyzes areas in need for innovation
- Encourages a culture of continuous improvement, productive thinking and collaboration within the Surface Design Team and Cross Functional partners.
- Accountable for process improvement, lean and sustainable practices to positively impact Athleta and the customer.
Who You Are
- College degree preferred but not limited to Fashion Design, Textiles or a related field
- 5 – 7 + years experience
- Awareness of development process for Print and Pattern, including color matching and creation of colorways (knowledge of Performance/Active market a plus)
- Highly creative with strong artistic skills, ability to translate high level concepts into commercial ideas.
- Expert knowledge of Fashion History, innovation, trend, culture, retails markets, knowledge of Performance based print and pattern techniques a plus.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems, NED, Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of 3D software a plus
- Excellent sense of design and color
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong time management & interpersonal communication and skills
- Strong ability towards strategy and future insights
- Positive growth mindset attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with business partners & teammates
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs