About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Being a Recruiter at Gap Inc. means you're doing more than just filling jobs. You’re visible, you’re connected, you’re engaged, and you play a critical role in teaching and helping Field Leaders discover and hire diverse talent. The Recruiter is a part of the Talent Acquisition team that leads high volume recruiting for all Gap Inc. stores in your geographic area. They are consummate networkers and make connections where they may not naturally occur. Recruiters unearth incredible talent in their sleep, and engage with business partners to identify, develop, and execute effective recruiting and hiring strategies to build store teams.
A champion of both the business and talent, our Recruiters are responsible for finding talent to ensure we’re creating a store environment where we all belong. They do this through coaching Field Leaders on inclusive recruiting and hiring practices, the relationships they build, and the creative and innovative sourcing techniques they employ. Recruiters have their fingers on the pulse point of the industry and are naturally curious and relentless in their search for talent that is as passionate about Gap Inc. and the customer as we are.
What You'll Do
- Partners with Field Leaders to develop, prioritize, and execute recruiting strategies
- Accountable for driving staffing strategies and stores achieving staffing goals
- Support Gap Inc. Equality & Belonging Commitments through inclusive recruiting and hiring practices.
- Responsible for sourcing part-time/entry level management candidates through social media platforms, employee referrals, hiring events, Universities/Colleges, community groups, and other creative sourcing venues.
- Full life cycle recruiting and pipelining for entry level management candidates (select stores in their market).
- Builds and maintains strong, collaborative partnerships with Field Leaders and business partners.
- Support in the development of recruiting training and curriculum
- Lead the business in providing a consistent and brand right candidate experience.
Who You Are
- Recruiter/Sourcer and/or Retail Manager experience preferred
- Networking comes naturally to you. You have expertise in innovative sourcing techniques and exceptionally strong networking skills, especially at Universities/Colleges (existing network preferred).
- You’re confident, yet humble and can effectively consult and partner with multiple business partners with varying needs to achieve desired results.
- You’re curious and understand the external landscape. You use marketplace insight and strong business acumen to develop strategies to help meet business goals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment that is fast paced and energetic.
- Being organized motivates you. You can effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Great communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to travel ~50%
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs