About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today’s modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers’ lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what’s next.
About the Role
The Head of Brand Creative will report into Brand President/CEO. This leader will be responsible for defining and implementing the creative vision and brand direction – voice, look + feel – and develop an implementation plan that guides brand expression across Product Design, Social, In-Store and Online experiences. Both a leader of people and a magnet of ideas and the latest trends in consumer behavior and technology, this person will be responsible for leading the brand creative practice and growing the brand footprint in the content, social and media space. This leader will be a true innovator, championing creative work that will set new industry standards. A creative visionary and strategic thinker, this person will also be a mentor - growing the existing creative team, while also honing the brand's creative edge and cultural relevance. This leader will have direct responsibility for all facets of Creative and Editorial Marketing, Styling and Visual Merchandising teams.
What You'll Do
- Partners with Head of Brand Marketing to co-create the brand “muse” / target customer.
- Partners with the Head of Design to ensure the seasonal product strategies are aligned to brand standards, macro consumer trends and overall commercial strategy.
- Serve as unifier, editor, and ultimate curator across all touch points to ensure consistency and an ownable look and feel for the brand, driving emotional attachment, brand voice and style.
- Responsible for 360-degree creative strategy for key collections and able to work across variety of media, such as film, social & web content, print, online video, e-commerce, CRM, event graphics and collateral, digital media, email campaigns, websites, packaging, physical spaces and location design
- Crystallize the brand positioning and filters to ensure brand is aspirational, inspirational and ownable. Help bring inspirational “energy” to creative and stores.
- Ensure all the company’s visuals are consistent with the overall brand. Manage development of brand style guides.
- Serve as a manager, mentor and team member - directing, inspiring, and doing
- Hire, train and develop a team to deliver on the brand’s creative vision
Who You Are
- A collaborative, inspirational, and omnichannel‐minded creative, strategic and operational leader who is proven at growing businesses and brands through creativity.
- A deep knowledge of the fashion, apparel and lifestyle verticals is a must.
- Experience in working with fashion brands; proven understanding of the global fashion industry and its key growth drivers and trends
- Superior ability to set creative vision for brand development and multichannel brand marketing concepts.
- Dynamic leader with proven track record of attracting, hiring and retaining a high caliber, cross-functional teams.
- Able to analyze trends, look at new data and constantly optimize ROI of their creative output. Able to revise marketing plans by analyzing its results and identifying expansion opportunities
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs