About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Communications and Social Media Specialist will play a crucial role in enhancing Gap Inc.'s online presence and promoting our strategies through various internal and external channels.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape our employees’ understanding of our business strategy and performance on a global scale.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, with great creativity and organizational skills and a passion for content creation and curation.
What You'll Do
- Social Media Management:
- Work with the broader communications team to develop and implement an effective social media strategy aligned with the company's objectives.
- Help manage and maintain multiple social media accounts as well as the company’s intranet and corporate website.
- Create engaging and shareable content.
- Monitor social media trends, industry best practices, and competitor activities to identify opportunities and recommend improvements.
- Content Creation:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce compelling internal content, including videos, infographics, podcasts and blog posts.
- Ensure all content aligns with the brand's voice, style, and messaging guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar to schedule regular posts and campaigns.
- Maintain corporate intranet with up-to-date content
- Social & Traditional Media Analytics:
- Leverage news and social media monitoring tools to create daily news recaps, campaign reports, and measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Crisis Management:
- Help alert communications management to potential social media crises promptly and appropriately.
- Work closely with the crisis communications team during sensitive situations.
- Corporate Communications Support:
- Assist in the development of corporate communications materials, including press releases, internal announcements, and executive messaging.
- Maintain online tools including media lists, newsrooms, wire services, etc.
- Collaborate with other communication functions to maintain consistent messaging across various channels.
Who You Are
- Proven experience in a comparable communications, marketing, journalism or social media role
- Understanding of social media platforms and analytics tools
- Proficiency in content creation, ideally including copywriting, graphic design, and video editing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple projects.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $68,200 - $86,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs