Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened nearly 55 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five-plus decades is the phenomenal people that make up our iconic brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on fueling and defining the future. People who want to leave the brand and the world better than they found it. We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
Gap is looking for a visionary Senior Director, Public Relations and Brand Communications, to lead our Public Relations team. This leader will be a magnet of innovative ideas and will be responsible for creating Gap Brand ambassadors across customer and employee audiences, leading PR efforts inclusive of cultural partnerships, creative relationships, and overall growth of the brand footprint in culture, as well as leading Brand Communication across internal audiences, including all brand employee emails, Brand Town Halls and Store Leadership Conferences.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing, and part of a broader network of Communications leaders across the Gap Inc. portfolio, this role will be culturally plugged-in, a strategic thinker and an experienced leader responsible for providing strategic counsel to Gap Leadership, driving Gap’s strategic edge and creative resonance. This role will be a true innovator, championing ideas and activations that will set new industry standards. This includes being both a thinker and doer who is adept at identifying opportunities for innovation and impact, partnering with the right celebrities, creators, emerging talent, and collaborators in exciting new ways. This position is NY based.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage all aspects of PR, including fashion and brand media outreach, customer events as it relates to product and fashion press and brand sponsorships
- Manages editorial of Communications in brand relative to those being deployed across the company to ensure consistency, coordination, and amplification of key messages (this includes all comms internal/external/social/creative) annually and seasonally, as well as provide guidance to Gap’s senior leadership/key spokespeople for external speaking opportunities
- Play strong, senior strategic role in helping to shape and optimize Gap’s seasonal omni-channel marketing plan as key PR/external communications leader
- Ensure big seasonal brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life through PR/influencer activations by partnering with Gap creative/styling/production teams
- Owns North America Brand Leader and Field Communications internally and externally, working closely with Company Comms and Investor Relations as needed, to amplify key brand moments, bolster executive/brand thought leadership around strategic initiatives and build/protect Brand and Company reputation
- Leads first line comms crisis mitigation relative to brand/store specific incidents inclusive of media statements, internal comms, response management with stakeholders and development of further preparedness plans
- Drive Employee Engagement in alignment with Culture/experience team and HR partners to engage our people across the brand through both enterprise-wide initiatives and brand-specific comms and experiences.
Who You Are
Who you are
- 15+ years marketing/communications experience - lifestyle/consumer/fashion PR experience is critical; partnership/sponsorship management experience preferred
- Strong annual and seasonal PR/external communications/partnership/sponsorship marketing strategy development and execution experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges and recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to foster internal collaborations and exert influence, establish relationships, and nurture a network
- Desire to build a brand and aptitude for original, creative ideas, open-minded to new approaches
- Experience with influencer strategies and programs
- Manage and develop team of high performers
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $181,900 - $250,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs