Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The copywriter is responsible for developing editorial content for the Gap Factory site and store experience. Reporting into the Sr. Manager, Editorial and working in close partnership with the Gap Factory editorial, design, marketing, and merchandising teams, this role ensures creative alignment across all channels of the brand experience.
This role is based out of the New York & San Francisco office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Writes, self-edits, and proofreads copy for all marketing components, including web/in-store marketing copy, email messages, promotions, and other projects as needed
- Concepts seasonal product stories, collaborating with photo, design, marketing, and merchandising
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Collaborates with designers to ensure that copy communicates effectively within a layout
- Meets deadlines, attends and participates in meetings as required
- Plays an active role in photo brainstorming and concept development for online photography need
- Responsible for setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Works closely with marketing and production partners throughout the lifecycle of each project
Who You Are
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar
- Diverse portfolio of work, showcasing ability to write across multiple channels
- Knowledge of current trends and general interest in fashion and fashion terminology
- Ability to adapt writing to Gap voice
- Strong and flexible writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to interact productively during brainstorming and kick-off meetings, work independently, and communicate information among team members
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft Word. Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook
- Minimum educational level: BA in Creative Writing, Journalism, or related area
- 3 – 5 years professional writing experience, preferably in an online or direct-communications environment
- Fashion retail experience preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs