About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program is based in San Francisco or Remote.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Customer, Digital, and Technology team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team for a Summer Internship!
What you'll do
- We’re looking for a Digital eCommerce Performance Analysis intern to join us for the Summer. Our team that provides analysis, data, and insights for our portfolio of brands (GAP, Old Navy, Athleta, and Bananna Republic) and your work will impact millions of customers around the globe. As a member of the broader eCommerce Performance Analysis team, you’ll help to drive significant improvements in ecommerce revenue & profitability, and you’ll champion and exploit insights through cross-functional partnership, trust, collaboration, and creative storytelling. Specifically, you’ll use existing toolsets to deeply interrogate metrics and transform data to insights. You’ll regularly produce proactive insights and recommendations, and will become a trusted liaison with our brand partners, responding to their ad-hoc requests.
- Learn to leverage tools such as Adobe Analytics, FullStory, and Medallia to surface insights and drive optimization and value for our brand partners.
- Participate in the creation of both proactive and ad-hoc insights generation, and learn to use PowerPoint, Adobe Workspaces and other tools to creatively tell the story of how visitors transit and interact with our digital properties.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from brands and other partners for insights, dashboards, and data.
- Attend and participate in brand commercial meetings, project meetings, and other planning meetings.
- Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders, such as other analytics teams, to support cross-team sharing of capabilities, subject-matter expertise, and insights; facilitate trainings and become a trusted subject-matter expert for your team and others.
- Partner with other team members to maintain internal communications and Sharepoint/Confluence sites for our team, and maintain measurement methodology and tracking for value added from insights.
Who you are
- Undergraduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Economics, Business, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or related degree - accepting students that graduate in December 2022 and Spring 2023
- Curious thought leader, comfortable with ambiguity, & able to solve complex problems with clear action steps
- Highly analytical and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Ecommerce, Behavioral Analytics, Voice of Customer & Data Visualization tools preferred (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Medallia, FullStory) is a plus
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Strong curiosity about the retail business in stores and online & ability to understand customer needs
- Proficiency in storytelling and able to influence multiple levels of the organization
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs