About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data & Analytics team at Gap Inc. uses methods from data science and data analysis to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities and doing analysis to support Gap Inc. across areas of marketing, customer, inventory, and supply chain. Some examples of the types of projects done on the team include product and customer forecasting, price and inventory optimization, marketing modeling, customer personalization models and supply chain modeling.
The team is looking for individuals for two different tracks; data scientists and data analysts and will review applications across both skill sets.
What you'll do
- Apply methods from Data science and machine learning (data scientist track), data analysis and statistics (data analysis track) to solve a business problem for Gap Inc, in one of the following areas of focus: inventory, marketing, customer, or supply chain.
- Methods from Operations Research or Industrial Engineering including optimization and simulation may also be utilized if student is placed in inventory or supply chain teams.
- Write code to retrieve data, perform data analysis and do statistical modeling / apply machine learning methods.
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings out at Gap.
- Participate in the Gap Inc. Summer Internship Program and share insights with the team.
- Learn about the wide array of opportunities at Gap to apply quantitative techniques to drive business performance.
Who you are
- Master's degree or PhD in progress with one year left to graduate in Data Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related degree - accepting students that graduate in December 2022 through Spring 2023
- Hands-on experience with data analysis and statistical programming languages (SQL, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and approach new and complex issues using data and analytics
- An ability to think abstractly and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A desire to evolve excellent problem-solving skills; meticulous and methodical
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs