About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly, led by digital transformation of every aspect of the product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization is enabling this transformation through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
As we look to accelerate our digital transformation efforts, we are establishing an accelerator team that will be responsible for driving evaluation , experimentation and adoption of new technologies that will transform our business.
As a Senior Product Manager on the digital accelerator team , you will work with leaders across the company and your product management colleagues to understand and evaluate upcoming capabilities and drive implementation of new experiences. You will collaborate with dependent cross-functional teams. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with engineering in delivering them.
The role requires a strong entrepreunial mind set and excellent product management skills . You are expected to embrace controlled experiments and risk-taking to develop and iterate our strategy and approach for solving complex problems. You are quick learner and are comfortable working on a spectrum of technologies ranging from blockchain on one initiative to machine learning on another.
What you'll do
- Identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize to deliver transformational experiences
- Evaluate technologies , vendors and solution providers that meet the needs and are best fit for delivery
- Builds relationships with product teams, strategy partners, engineering and other stake holders
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to external products.
- Effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
- Manage a living backlog of user stories and other requirements guiding development and process change.
- Summarize the backlog of work into meaningful roadmaps that are socialized with stakeholders such that all parties know the work underway as well as the larger plan over time.
Who you are
- Min. 8-10 years in product management , growth or entrpreunial roles
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment balancing and managing diverse stakeholder needs
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve a desired outcome
- Experience within corporate and/or external innovation consulting firms focused on digital innovation is a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs