About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Analyst’s primary role is to support technical and strategic initiatives through application and tool development. This role is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting key business applications and tools such as SQL Server and MS Access databases, advanced VBA macro tools and Robotic Processing Automation (RPA).
In this role you will regularly partner and communicate with internal business partners at all levels to create tools that improve processes and deliver value.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement and support process improvement tools and key technologies
- Serve as in house programming resource related but not limited to Robotic Processing Automation (RPA), VBA, SQL Server related items, such as SSIS packages, stored procedures, views etc.
- Create solutions that leverage data across multiple departments both internal and external, ensuring data compatibility, consistency and continuity
- Provide ongoing post implementation support for all completed tools and applications
- Follow all related Gap Tech security, Gap Tech protocol and SOX guidelines for the finance applications
- Manages expectations to the business by periodically reporting progress on project objectives to stakeholders
- Communicate issues and seek support from leadership in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and facilitate, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
Who you are
- Advanced knowledge and application development experience related to Microsoft Office, VBA, C++ and R
- Proven Experience in process automation specifically related to Robotic Processing Automation preferably with Blue Prism
- SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Programming and Database Normalization Experience
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle Financials Suite and reporting tools
- Experience with Agile Application development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to a changing fast paced environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs