About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Sr. Human Resource Generalist (HRG)supports the Field HR Manager in the assigned Territory in the creation, coordination and execution of HR initiatives and programs. The Sr. HRG is responsible for all Employee Relation issues, Talent Management and Talent Development within the assigned Markets. The Sr. HRG must communicate effectively and respond to employees questions and needs in a timely fashion. The Sr. HRG must effectively partner with the FHRM on all issues, concerns and initiatives The Sr. HRG is responsible for building effective relationships with key business partners.
What you'll do
Responsible for all Human Resources support in assigned Markets and providing additional support within the assigned Territory as needed
Guide, train and direct business partners and Market Leaders on the execution of HR polices and processes to ensure legal, (EEOC, ADAA, FMLA etc.) and corporate compliance (Gap Inc COBC, P&P)
Lead and support the annual HR process such as Talent and Compensation reviews and Succession Planning discussions
Diagnose performance concerns/opportunities to identify root cause, offering effective and holistic solutions
Provide direct coaching and consultation to the General Manager population to build and develop greater organizational capability
Conduct investigations as needed in partnership with Employee Relations and the FHRM/Sr. FHRM
Lead and support the organization through change
Partner with the Field HR team and Region team to support employee engagement and positive work environments
Analyze, benchmark and react where applicable to financial and operational and HR metrics.
Who you are
General knowledge of HR practices including benefits, compensation, employment law, employee/labor relations, talent management and learning and development.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships
- Ability to interact and influence leaders. Minimum 3-5 years experience in Human Resources
- Four year college degree
- Ability to travel between stores
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs