About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Insights organization at the Gap is transforming how data is available and used for analytics and decisions across our portfolio of brands. A key enabler to this is the broad adoption of cutting edge designs, technology and process – spanning data platforms and cloud infrastructure, data engineering, governance and compliance, reporting and dashboards.
We are excited to bring in a Senior Data Analytics Engineer to help us execute this transformation. This role will contribute to the development and support of Business intelligence tools , data engineering pipelines, and associated data products, utilizing Agile development and DevSecOps practices.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, statistical analysis and prediction, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets using the appropriate statistical forecasting model and Machine Learning models.
- Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
- Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations.
- This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- 7+ years professional experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Analyst or related roles.
- Extensive experience in SQL, data modeling, and data preparation required.
- Experience working with datastage and Kafka is a plus.
- Overall knowledge of MDM and Data Governance processes preferred.
- Experience with Microstrategy, PowerBI or related tools like Tableau is a must.
- Experience working with databases like Teradata, Oracle and SQL server is required.
- Experience working with Azure cloud databases is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs