About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Insights organization at the Gap is transforming how data is available and used for advanced analytics, insights and decisioning across our portfolio of brands. A key enabler to this is the adoption and evangelization of cutting-edge designs, technology and process – spanning data platforms and cloud infrastructure, data engineering, governance and compliance, reporting and dashboards, and MLOps.
We are excited to bring in a technically strong Senior Manager for our data platform teams. This role will primarily be responsible for: managing engineers and other technical staff; overseeing design, development and support efforts; contributing to the creations of a nimble and responsive data and insights organization.
What you'll do
- Be a thought leader in modern data platform design. Stay abreast of customer needs and technology trends. Guide technologists to include these perspectives and make sound decisions that support company priorities and end customers.
- Hire, mentor and performance manage geographically distributed platform and data engineers. Help build and maintain a culture of inclusion, ownership and engineering excellence.
- Implement and continuously improve your teams’ development process, including but not limited to: Scrum, Code Quality and Craftsmanship, BDD/TDD, CI/CD and DevOps. Perform frequent hands-on code and process reviews.
- Work with product managers, architects, TPMs to break down ambiguity in requirements and designs, size and estimate, prioritize and execute.
- Own production SLAs and support, tech debt remediation and continuous improvement requirements of your teams’ platform capabilities and/or data products.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders. Keep leadership apprised of progress, issues and concerns.
Who you are
- 8+ years of active platform or data development, with at least 2 years of Python and SQL development experience at scale and in production – preferably with pySpark and SparkSQL.
- 4+ years directly managing one or more software development team(s) with a focus on sustainable development: code craftsmanship, robust unit and integration testing, Git driven CI/CD to production.
- 3+ years using public cloud data and analytics services in production (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter, able to work with moderate supervision. Proven experience working in and/or leading innovation programs and/or ambiguous requirements.
- Experience with delta and/or kappa architecture preferred.
- Experience in retail or businesses with seasonality preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs