About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Insights organization at the Gap is transforming how data is available and used for analytics and decisions across our portfolio of brands. A key enabler to this is the broad adoption of cutting edge designs, technology and process – spanning data platforms and cloud infrastructure, data engineering, governance and compliance, reporting and dashboards, and MLOps.
We are excited to bring in a Senior Data Engineer to help us execute this transformation. This role will contribute to the development and support of high quality data engineering pipelines, and associated data products, utilizing Agile development, TDD, CI/CD and DevSecOps practices.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with technical team members to develop, deploy and production support data engineering jobs and pipelines - spark structured stream processing jobs across one or more streams, persisted to a data lake.
- Work with leads and architects to prototype designs and technologies.
- Design and develop data engineering jobs with an eye on quality attributes (and trade-offs) such as simplicity, reliability, scalability, extensibility, performance. Build or reuse common frameworks where possible.
- Set and adhere to coding and style guides to ensure consistency. Ensure code quality through ,echanissms including code coverage, peer reviews, pair programming.
- Create and deploy streaming data quality checks with remediation runbooks. Adhere to data governance and compliance requirements and standards.
- Provide recommendations for and help curate technical backlogs for technical debt management and continuous improvement.
Who you are
- 5+ years of total experience working with data and data pipeline technologies at scale.
- 3+ years of solid python development experience – including: Robust unit and integration testing and Git driven CI/CD to production
- 2+ years of proven experience developing streaming data processing tasks using pySpark and SparkSQL
- Solid understanding of Spark, preferably Databricks Spark and Apache Delta
- Read streaming data from Kafka, Apache Delta or similar, merge /enrich /qualify data inline, capture operations metrics, persist to target, debug and optimize
- At scale and in production
- Experience leveraging public cloud data and analytics services. Azure preferred, but AWS/GCP also works.
- Nice to have: Super user experience with reporting tools such a PowerBI.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs