About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a Director, People Reporting & Foundational Capabilities, your core purpose will be to lead the reporting team for the global enterprise, supporting all brands, functions and countries. Your role is to create, develop and implement the enterprise reporting strategy, consulting with HR and business leaders to deliver actionable, scalable and consistent reporting to support our Power Plan and company vision.
What you'll do
- As the Director, People Reporting & Foundational Capabilities, you are part of the People Reporting & Analytics team reporting into the Head of People Analytics.
- You take a global, Enterprise point of view – collaborating with leaders across the organization to develop leveraged solutions for the company and support our brands as appropriate (Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap, Athleta).
- Reporting: Proven experience in creating a clear reporting roadmap and strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and values; identifies process efficiency with strategic orientation to develop recommendations on current state reporting and future needs of the business; understand the intricacies, strengths, weaknesses and quality of workforce and non-workforce data sources;
- Foundational Capabilities: Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence analytics roadmap, with a demonstrated proficiency in understanding complex data concepts and data governance practices (setting up data governance infrastructure and reinforce ‘data for good’ framework enterprise-wide)
- Business Partnership & Support: a natural ability to establish credibility, trust and rapport, so you can work with and influence all levels within an organization, including senior level leadership; support greater data fluency and lead team and business partners with fostering data-driven decisions
- Leadership: Provides subject matter expertise to other team members in reporting, data science & engineering concepts, training as necessary; supports team in their daily work to achieve overall goals; is an inspirational leader to drive the team to be strategic thought partners
Who you are
- Proven success serving as a trusted advisor to senior level leadership
- Inspirational leader who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with different types of teams, always using strong ethics and high professional standards regarding customer service and data confidentiality
- Broad experience and passion of leading global, diverse and distributed teams across a matrixed environment
- Experience overseeing reporting technology implementations (Workday preferred)
- Ability to understand complex data by identifying linkages between multiple data sources that tells a story, create actionable reporting, and drives key people decisions
- Strong decision-making skills and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Agile working practices coupled with pragmatic thinking and decision making.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs