About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for providing HR business support and partnership that results in an engaged workforce and a more productive business. You will be responsible for supporting the execution of people strategies, responding to day-to-day HR activities for the clients, supporting the HR team in developing and executing talent management strategies and partnering with key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Total Rewards, etc.) to deliver results against the people strategies.
What you'll do
- Provide thought leadership and consultation/support on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization, leveraging resources, programs and tools to achieve desired outcomes
- Actively participate with and influence Leadership Teams, advising on people and organization impact of business plans and decisions; ensure that change and transformation plans are established and effectively executed
- Identify and implement strategies which improve employee engagement year over year, as measured through the continuous listening process;
- Analyze HR metrics to identify business opportunities working with leadership to develop and implement solutions
- Pro-actively partner with the business and HR partners in Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to develop strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready now talent I290pipeline; identify and deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability
- Lead and develop a team to support effective execution of all objectives, and enable professional development and career growth for team members
Who you are
- Minimum 5-7 years broad Human Resources generalist experience
- High level of comfort with most HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, OD, talent management, talent acquisition)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity
- Develop innovative solutions for complex situations in a fast-changing environment; cover a wide range of activities requiring complex judgments
- Comprehensive understanding of theories and practices in multiple related subject areas
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs