About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Old Navy US Outlet Buyer strategically creates and drives business strategies that elevate sales and inventory plans, ensuring achievement of division and Outlet channel financial goals. The Buyer collaborates with Global Partners to capitalize Outlet channel opportunities through exclusive product, visual and inventory decisions.
What you'll do
- Oversees the development of division and category strategies that support Outlet Channel goals
- Develop assortment, visual and inventory strategies that align to channel opportunities
- Inform Global Merchant and Planning teams of Divisional/Channel opportunities and need to capitalize on these strategies
- Drives Divisional assortment strategy needs in partnership with Global Merchandising
- Own financial and inventory positioning for all Outlet exclusive product – ensuring Global teams fully support growth strategies of these products
- Drive profitability in Division through detailed inventory management and pricing strategies
- Inform and influence in-season commercial plan changes
- Assesses risks and opportunities to the business and creates action plans to mitigate risk or maximize opportunity
- Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short term and long term financial strategies/action plans
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Influence others, both functional and cross functional partners, to drive results
- Drives business discussions and adjusts strategies to maximize results
- Take on SME responsibilities, Channel Responsibilities and/or additional global projects
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years relevant work experience, preferable in Planning or Buying
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with multiple levels of leadership
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs