About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Product Manager on Gap Inc's Inventory Analytics Product Management team, you will deliver new capabilities and products to support our global inventory management teams. You will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and building solutions. The role requires strong product management competencies with thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise.
What you'll do
- Ability to lead product management teams for Inventory Management applications, including partnering closely with data science and analytics development.
- Defines a vision and roadmap and deliver business capabilities through technology enablement
- Lead a global system implementation
- Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across the business and technical functions
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the supply chain.
- As a key member of the product management team, own and drive opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive customer Journeys, experience and value addition.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross-functional projects to support process optimization end to end. This includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- 8 plus years of experience in strategy, management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar roles
- Experience managing major product-to-market applications, SaaS-based products, and end to end portfolios
- Solid understanding of software delivery lifecycle
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication.
- Ability to drive and execute process analysis
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experience working on enabling business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience with retail/consumer goods supply chains
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Decision Science, Operations or related analytic field preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs