About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Human Resources Manager, Digital Functions at Gap Inc. develops and sustains consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams, acting as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results. This includes implementation of HR strategies and day-to-day support. Provides targeted, specific HR advice to leaders and employees; acts as a HR thought partner and coach. The HR Manager builds effective working relationships throughout the brands as well as key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Strategy and Operations, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, etc.) to deliver results against people strategies.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the business to develop and execute functional talent strategies; Provide thought leadership and planning on talent and organizational impacts of business plans and decisions.
- Work with the function teams to identify the org structures, competencies, and processes needed to help the business run more effectively.
- Manage data, measurements and tactics to support key people programs and decisions. Use insights to drive employee engagement and performance.
- Lead talent management activities within the business; actively partner with the business, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Strategy and Operations to develop strategies to strength or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready talent pipeline.
- Be a resource to business leaders on all aspects of HR for the employee lifecycle including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employee Rewards, and Employee Relations
- Partners across HR to integrate ideas, develop creative solutions, and ensure optimal support of the business.
- Ensure consistent application of policies, practices and Gap Inc. values.
Who you are
- 4+ years of HR and/or HR related experience; four-year college degree
- Technical/ Functional Skills- Demonstrable knowledge of HR practices including: Org Design, Performance and Change management, Leadership Coaching, Employee Relations, and Compensation
- Demonstrable ability to assess organizational trends and develop HR solutions to drive performance
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver.
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work); Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches and points of view.
- Ability to influence up, down and across the organization, team oriented; Ability to work in a matrixed organization with remote teams and partners.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs