About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, fast paced environment focused on delivering exceptional customer service to all headquarter employees and visitors in our cafés, onsite events, and catering. Your goal is to prepare and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea.
What you'll do
- Provide excellent customer service by recognizing and responding appropriately to customer’s orders, requests, and needs in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Deliver positive experiences by creating a welcoming environment and ambiance in the café, educating customers on beverages, making recommendations based on preferences, serving beverages properly by having knowledge of coffee equipment.
- Ensure the café is clean organized, fully stocked, and ready for service
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
- Serve food and beverage, receive and process payments
- Provide consistency in quality, value, and service at the café and onsite events
- Comply with health and safety standards and regulations
Who you are
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Ability to problem solve and multitask
- Must be able to move throughout café and kitchen, move 30 lbs., use equipment specific to your role
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on- the-job training
- Knowledge of cash handling policies
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs