Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Brand Analytics group designs, creates, and implements tooling, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to best serve Gap/Gap Outlet Omni & multi-channel businesses. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that enable financial and product decision making and enhance the customer experience.
The Senior Manager of Brand Analytics partners cross-brand and cross-functionally. This individual will be responsible for developing and managing the team that creates reporting/tooling capabilities for Gap Brand Omni Channel. This work includes identification of key issues, work planning, quantitative analysis, and presentation of findings. Additionally, the work will include influencing partners of all levels to adopt and use the reports using clear benefits cases and leveraging relationships. You are curious, innovative, and focused on creating an environment where your team can deliver results and develop themselves. Strong people management and relationship building skills are imperative, and a collaborative mindset is a must.
Support key initiatives and strategies through reporting solutions that quantify results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
What you'll do
- Build reports and tools in advanced analytics systems that service key areas of the organization
- Partner in the development and implementation of supply chain/inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives
- Structure/manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and capturing strategic opportunities
- Identify capability needs and provide solutions to capture opportunity or relieve pain points
- Serve as liaison with cross-functional and Gap Inc business partners across Gap Inc
- Lead and develop team of 2-3 people.
Who you are
- 5+ years of work experience preferably in the retail industry – apparel and/or Gap Inc experience a plus
- 3+ years of analytics or data science experience in programs like VBA, SQL, R, and Python with the ability to transform large datasets into actionable insights
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, knowledge of data warehouse orchestration and demonstrated experience with retail analytics data models
- Experience in modern visual analytics tools like Power BI, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker, and Google Analytics
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross functional partners
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload across direct and cross functional teams
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that rally others to action
- Able to influence senior leaders across the organization
- Strong leadership skills of both direct reports and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to approach opportunities with a problem-solving mindset
- Demonstrated strong ability to empower others and lead to drive results
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Gap Inc Inventory Management applications or external equivalent
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs