About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will embody Do The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in an energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand Power, Enduring Customer Relationships, and exuding our commitment to Team and Values. You’ll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
What You’ll Do:
What you'll do
- Develop internal and external investigative strategies, policies, and standards for AP department
- Identify and implement industry-leading tools and technology to drive investigative productivity within the AP department. Implement and execute Asset Protection strategy to protect customers, employees, assets, and brands.
- Lead a team that conducts complex investigations, including organized retail crime cases. Personally responsible for conducting sensitive investigations.
- Develop consultative partnerships with business leaders to enable business growth while protecting assets and mitigating risks
- Responsible for the consistent, effective execution of Asset Protection in order to protect stores, distribution centers, and digital platforms from safety, theft, fraud, cyber, and security threats
- Provide safeness, or freedom from harm, wherever our teams are present & our customers shop. Drive global Health & Safety standards that are visible and inspire confidence
- Upholds the company and brand culture and creates an inclusive environment where both customers and employees feel valued, appreciated, and a sense of belonging
Who you are
- Significant experience in Asset Protection space. Proven track record of success in protecting assets and mitigating risks to enable business growth and continuity.
- Ability to provide Asset Protection leadership to drives results, coach and develops direct reports, collaborate and lead execution through others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Develop innovative solutions for complex situations in a fast-changing environment; cover a wide range of activities requiring complex judgments
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs