About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc. is looking for a collaborative team player who employs innovative thinking to develop and continuously improve programs, exhibits strong communication skills, is a power user of various analytic tools, and excels at problem-solving. The SEO Manager's responsibilities include the development and implementation of an overall SEO strategy; improving the volume and quality of traffic to Gap Brands across all devices in order to maximize website performance, improve rankings, and drive revenue online and in our stores. This role requires both technical and content SEO expertise to continuously improve the experience of our customers.
The SEO Manager is responsible for being involved in and providing recommendations where necessary on e-Commerce projects that will have an impact on the SEO program. Reporting to the Director, SEO, the SEO Manager will work with internal teams across marketing, site merchandising, and IT as well as external partners to achieve business objectives. This person must be able to analyze and leverage data to provide insights and comfortable handling ambiguity. Gap Inc is looking for someone with a customer-first mindset that exhibits a strong ability to collaborate and influence various stakeholders across the organization and an ability to support the overall strategies set for the company.
This is a cross-functional role charged with identifying areas of opportunity to drive Natural Search revenue and instilling SEO best practices across the company.
What you'll do
- Serve as an evangelist for SEO across the company, working with cross-functional teams to instill SEO best practices, update processes and improve communication
- Ability to track and report out on overall SEO performance and the success of specific initiatives
- Develop and execute creative strategies to unlock growth across SEO
- Analyze and leverage data to find new opportunities for growth
- Work with SEO Marketing Associates, Brand Site Teams, Design and Editorial teams to implement on-page optimizations and SEO best practices
- Ensure that Gap stays focused on SEO activities that have the biggest impact on Natural Search revenue growth targets
- Audit all of Gap properties for opportunities to improve our technical SEO, collaborating with Product Management to identify and prioritize IT projects, owning projects from conception to launch
- Stay abreast of industry trends and keep the internal team informed of risks and opportunities that will impact the SEO program
Who you are
- Minimum 4+ years experience in SEO and a proven record of optimizing eCommerce sites
- Knowledge of on-page SEO, technical SEO, and search engine ranking factors
- High level of initiative and proven ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Personal commitment to putting the customer first, prioritizing user experience above search engines and adhering to Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Strong analytical skills; ability to draw conclusions from data and make impactful recommendations
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, GSC, SEMRush, Brightedge, etc
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs