About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, Talent Development for Gap Inc. Enterprise team is someone who can assess business opportunities to identify the best learning & performance solutions required and then lead the design, creation, execution, facilitation and continuous improvement for those solutions to ensure effectiveness & best in class experience. This individual contributor role has a large scope and requires a well-organized project manager and instructional designer who thrives in a work-hard environment, can juggle several multi-phase projects at once and is confident when partnering with key leaders, other HR team members and subject matter experts. The outcome this role drives is a high-performance workforce that supports the demands of our iconic brands and company functions.
What you'll do
- Partner with HR and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement solutions targeting employee development and overall talent management solutions (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Drive the strategy and roadmap aligning leadership, learning and talent development priorities and needs across Enterprise.
- Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns
- Deliver quality training programs and development experiences through various platforms and methodologies.
- Integrate inclusivity into talent development programs and talent practices to foster a sense of belonging and equality for all.
Who you are
- You are a continuous learner, an experienced change leader, a high achiever and “strategic doer” who is comfortable working with all levels in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You possess grit and organizational savvy to build relationships across the company, understand the business environment, and deliver results on your own through your influential power.
- You have technical experience in adult learning theories and/or instructional design and leadership development; you are a masterful facilitator and coach with strong diagnostic skills (listening, probing, analyzing).
- You have demonstrable project management skills, including ability to manage several initiatives at once, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and pressure and deliver for multiple executives in various time zones
- You have 5-7 years of experience in Learning & Development, Talent Development, Talent Management or related experience in delivering high-impact development results.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and knowledge of Articulate Storyline and other graphic editing software is a plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs