About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Women’s Print Designer focuses on a range of Women’s product categories as part of the broader Old Navy Print & Pattern Team.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the design process from concept to completion while partnering with the Senior Designer and Director to ensure alignment on priorities and artwork direction.
- Consistently shop and research marketplace, including our competitors for inspirations and opportunities in product, fabric, wash, color.
- Research identify and present print trend direction.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of family print story and seasonal direction.
- Ensures the print is consistent with market trends and business strategy.
- Ensure print is being designed within cost parameters.
- Create and present design boards for each season showcasing print direction.
- Works closely with design partner to ensure print point of view is in line with overarching seasonal direction.
- Create artwork and prints for each season.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development.
Who you are
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong knowledge of textiles, artwork techniques & fabric.
- Strong sense of textile and color application.
- Proficient in Illustrator and capable in Photoshop, InDesign, NED Graphics.
- Positive and passionate with strong problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with business partners & team mates.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/ consumer.
- Ability manage and help develop skills of direct reports.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- College degree in Fashion Design, Textiles or a related field.
- 5 - 7 years design experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs