About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc. is looking for a newly created Head of HR Strategy and Transformation. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a multi-year HR Strategy with an HR transformation as a central component. The HR function is at a critical juncture and needs to revamp approaches to enable the business to deliver on our growth strategies. There is a significant leadership element to this role as there is a requirement to influence the HR organization to mobilize leaders and their teams towards change. The ideal candidate will be able to build a transformation strategy that creates a new operating environment that is efficient and aligned to business strategy.
What you'll do
- HR Strategy & Transformation: stand up an HR strategy and transformation capability to lead the function towards a place of contributing more meaningfully to the company strategies.
- Lead through Culture Change: There has been a significant cultural shift within the company, and this leader will effectively balance the desire eed for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, creating goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
- Execute for results: You will lead the strategic planning process to develop HR strategy for the now, near and far as a key enabler to the business strategy. You are tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Influence: Regularly influence leadership team decisions. Ability to inspire trust and followership in others through pragmatism, business acumen, ability to communicate clear rationale and active drive.
- Leadership: There will be a small team, likely two roles in addition to this one. Therefore, the ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance is critical.
Who you are
- Significant consulting and Human Resources experience
- Participated in one or more HR transformations, preferably in a leadership role
- Comfortable shifting mindsets and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity. A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee unintended outcomes of decisions
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the retail industry.
- Ability to create and articulate an inspiring strategy for the HR organization of the future
- Passion and curiosity for the business; drive to understand the competitive landscape; strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs