About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Product Manager focused on people and culture enterprise applications, you will work with your product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out our internal customer experience. You will collaborate with dependent cross-functional teams. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with engineering.
The role requires a strong product mindset and business knowledge within Human Resources (HR). We are looking for a Senior Product Manager that is passionate about our employee’s journey while striving to solve the complexities of business processes and operational impacts.
What you'll do
- Manages feature level roadmaps; Identifies user journey for product
- Builds relationships with product teams, HR business partners, engineering, and other stakeholders
- Build cross-functional partnerships and consensus; influence tech strategy for the HR team
- Analyze HR metrics to identify business opportunities working with HR teams to develop and implement solutions
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to external products.
- Effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
- Lead the initiative to stabilize & modernize our People & Culture applications and how they are used by different stakeholders across all Gap brands with a focus on efficiency & experience
- Identify opportunities, analyze business benefits, evaluate ROI and prioritize to provide the best internal customer experience.
- Manage a living backlog of user stories and other requirements guiding development and process change. Summarize the backlog of work into meaningful roadmaps that are socialized with stakeholders such that all parties know the work underway as well as the larger plan over time.
- Contribute and collaborate in building a long-range plan to achieve business goals.
- Partner with end-users of the platform to drive adoption and bring use cases to life.
Who you are
- Min. 8-10 years in GlobalHR (human resource), In House Payroll (especially US/Canada) and related technology
- Implemented or supported Workday HCM, Payroll, Absence & Time Tracking
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Strong product management experience in HR technology & personalization space
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements in large matrix environments
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization; Ability to influence stakeholders and decision-makers to achieve the desired outcome
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs