Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager of Promotions is responsible for creating a best-in-class digital expression of the promotional plan via a compelling customer experience that cuts through competitive noise. The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, and supremely skilled in digital marketing, storytelling, and data analysis. Tenacity, autonomy, and strategic thinking are critical, as well as attention to detail in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
What you'll do
- Strategic conception of the customer journey through promotional events, bringing the story to life across site, email, and app, while optimizing for engagement and sales.
- Driving innovation through testing, tapping into new technologies, and staying abreast of competitor and industry trends in marketing.
- Represent the Digital Marketing Team in milestone meetings, advocating for marketing needs.
- Ownership of key promotional events, including brief writing, creative review, change and calendar management, and hindsighting.
- Regular reporting and recapping of promotional events, identifying areas of opportunity and sharing recommendations with leadership.
- Partnering with cross functional teams to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strategic liaison between cross functional teams.
- Directly manage a team of two, providing leadership, insight, and development opportunities.
Who you are
- Expertise in digital marketing, including in depth understanding of KPIs and the strategic utilization of assets to craft a story.
- 7+ years of marketing experience.
- Innovative and proactive, always identifying ways to try fast, learn fast, and think big.
- Autonomous and self-starting, identifying opportunities within own business areas while understanding how it fits into the bigger picture.
- Highly responsive and adaptable to meet business needs. A team player who isn’t afraid of a challenge.
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change and ambiguity, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Tremendous organization, process management, and attention to detail.
- History of effective cross-functional partnerships and working through multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; skilled in the art of storytelling, driven from insights and data.
- Strong excel skills, experience in Adobe Workspace a plus.
- Must be comfortable working PST hours
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs