About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a strategic leader who can define priorities and deliver high-profile projects across Gap Inc.’s Global Real Estate, Store Development & Corporate Facilities. Our team works under Gap Inc.’s Strategic Growth Organization across our portfolio of brands to deliver newemodel stores and corporate facilities, in partnership with functions including Real Estate Finance, Real Estate, Store Development as well as Corporate Functions.
In this role, you will be building the future of stores and corporate hub environments by identifying key innovations, assessing opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities, and managing innovative projects to help us bring the right environments to our customers & employees in a more meaningful way. You will help our brands and channels grow in smart and scalable ways via new markets, channels, or operating models. You will collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementation across our portfolio of brands. You will be responsible for detailed analyses, executive level presentations, and stakeholder management. We are looking for problem solvers, change drivers, and innovation leaders.
What you'll do
- Synthesize ideas discussed in meetings into meaningful project or communication plans.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for the GRE organization, including people, process and tools, based on your deep understanding of today’s operations, possible futures.
- Interact with brand and HQ partners to understand their strategic priorities and build Operations capabilities to drive results.
- Depending on the project: develop and continuously improve the transformation governance model, including forums, stakeholders, scope, cadence and RACI. Partner with leadership on communications strategy and execution for GRE and change management purposes.
- Design and deliver best-in-class and simple program management approaches to help stakeholders manage program deliverables, interdependencies, risks and issues.
- Engage with functional leaders as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, structure and approach to delivering value with a new or existing initiative.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
- Own and manage strategic projects from strategy to pilot, leading cross-functional teams, defining project scope, and leading operational execution.
Who you are
- +10 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail real estate & construction preferred.
- Highly proficient with MS Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, etc)
- Strong project management skills. Ability to own projects from strategy through pilot with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in developing and delivering executive-facing presentations.
- Experience with leading change: transformation and implementation work, including process re-engineering and change management.
- Strong critical thinking and business acumen & curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs