About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Technical Manager is primarily responsible for three areas: managing technical staff, overseeing application development and support efforts, and contributing to the creation of a nimble and responsive application development organization.
What you'll do
- Works with the Director of Application Development to plan, implement, and support needed software solutions.
- Has overall accountability for successful application project delivery. Ensures that projects deliver not only on functionality, but also follow and enhance the overall platform, and adhere to Gap’s methodology and technical strategy.
- Provides guidance and direction for project managers, solution architects, developers, QA resources, and technical specialists on application projects.
- Responsible for effective career planning and development for technical staff.
- Contributes to the creation and continuous improvement of a scalable application development organization.
- Responsible for the implementation of organizational processes and metrics.
- Communicates effectively with IT leaders keeping them apprised of any issues or concerns.
Who you are
- A minimum of 10 -12 years of IT software delivery experience with 4-5 as a development manager
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing large-scale ecommerce applications.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment and has hands on experience with Agile , Scrum and XP methodologies, Software Craftsmenship and Lean.
- Able to lead and direct work of others, including development and test engineers.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and cloud implementations.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs