Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position will support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) activities for Gap Global and North America Finance, including the annual operating budget, long range plan, P&L reporting and Decision Support activities. The FP&A function is part of the Finance team, with primary business partners being the Gap Global Leadership Team, Gap Global Finance, Corporate Finance teams, Strategy and Finance leadership.
What you'll do
- Assist in building annual Long-Range Plan and Annual Budget and monthly forecast activities
- Assist in creation of Brand, Corporate and Board of Director presentations
- Create partnerships across the organization and engage in regular dialogue with brand and cross functional counterparts to understand potential issues or conflicting priorities
- Develop understanding of financial data across the enterprise in order to effectively source and design financial models and analytical frameworks with accuracy and integrity
- Develop business case analysis related to product, capital and expense investment
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial or business analysis; experience in FP&A with a retail or consumer product focus preferred
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; solid grasp of finance and accounting concepts
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Oracle Financial System and Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs