About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Area Visual Manager ensures the integrity of theBrand through consistent execution of the Old Navy Global vision and NorthAmerica initiatives specific to visual merchandising direction within their assignedDistrict or Districts. The Area Visual Manager drives execution that upholdsthe visual merchandising standards within the District(s). The Area VisualManager partners with the District Manager to ensure accountability for productand presentation direction; identifies needs, develops plans and follows up toensure effective execution. An Area Visual Manager supports by providing amixture of classroom training and hands on merchandising in their District(s). They are the primary change leader, subjectmatter expert and communicator for their stores about all brand, district,region and territory initiatives. The Area Visual Manager works closely with theDistrict Managers and is part of the District Leadership team.
What you'll do
- Grow profitable sales throughbusiness analysis to identify and synthesize wins and opportunities. Uses tools and resources to help identifyroot cause analysis.
- Deliver Brand merchandising andvisual standards by execution of brand style guide, playbook and flexingdirections.
- Partner with the DistrictManagers to identify developmental opportunities relating to visualmerchandising to build skills and capabilities.
- Effectively communicate toprovide feedback and solutions by identifying successes or opportunitiesregarding store presentations to store management and District Managers
- Conduct and participate in store visits focusing on presentation standards, brand integrity, identity business opportunities.
- Coordinate and conduct visual merchandising workshops with the District Managers.
- Weekly touch base with RVM/ Visual Director to hindsight and foresight business needs and opportunities.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to: drive results; execute based upon company direction and business acumen; influence and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and welcome change.
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors.
- Minimum of 3+ year store experience, merchandising, high volume, complex business leadership.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight as required
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs