About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Sr. Analyst on the BE team works closely with Product Management teams to drive business support of capabilities delivered for new and enhanced Products, and sustainability in business use of existing Sourcing and Inventory Management systems within Gap Inc. As part of GapTech, they partner closely with Engineering teams to identify, analyze and prioritize technical support issues experienced by business end users, and work with them to drive resolution to minimize business disruption and support business operations. The BE Sr Analyst provides front line support for the planning, decision support and execution systems used by the business functions within Sourcing and Inventory Management across Gap Inc. brands. This role provides feedback to Product Management, Change Management and Engineering teams on opportunities for improvement in support of business end users. The Sr Analyst BE reports to the Manager or Sr Manager of Business Engagement for specific capability and Product areas.
What you'll do
- Serve as the primary contact for user support issues; manage day to day process, issue prioritization, trouble shooting and communication of status and resolution to impacted parties and key stakeholders
- Partner with project, product management and technical teams as needed to align on approach to drive issue resolution
- Responsible for providing research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving Sourcing and Inventory Management process and system opportunities
- Own and manage specific product area(s) within larger Product footprint including: identification of key issues, analysis and problem solving, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings
- Provide user acceptance testing as needed at a feature level and present new features to users in both a 1:1 and group setting
- Build relationships with project teams, product managers and business and technology partners to champion the needs of the business and drive continuous service improvement
- Provide proactive communication to business end users in response to their reported issues from initial status through to resolution
Who you are
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills; detail-orientation; excellent follow through
- Learning agility; able to assume larger scope and more visible or complex problems over time
- Effectively communicate results from research and analysis both verbally and in writing to business and other key stakeholders demonstrating command of all facts
- Develop business and product knowledge – deep understanding of how the product works and how the business uses it every day to understand the business impact of issues to drive triage and resolution
- Build relationships and develop expertise through partnering & collaboration with business, product management and technology experts
- Present a calm demeanor and attentive listening to understand customer perspectives and needs and communicate to business partners using positive language skills to provide quality customer service
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs