About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Director is responsible for meeting the people, cost, and service metrics while driving strategic and tactical direction for multiple distribution/fulfillment centers within the organization. This role is responsible for domestic and global service of omni-channel facilities. The Senior Director must also partner with various cross functional leaders within the campus and across the network and HQ to include Brand Operations, Transportation, Engineering & Maintenance, Finance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources and others as necessary.
What you'll do
- Provides effective leadership to various locations and leaders of various levels and ensuring staff is available, trained and motivated to deliver cost, service, and people metrics and targets
- Drives accountability and standardized best practices and leverages support functions to optimize operational performance.
- Accountable for operating budgets and develops initiatives to improve cost performance across all sites.
- Ensures DC operates in compliance with all company policies and procedures, follows all legal and regulatory requirements, and reinforces and adheres to company values and mission
- Keep current on industry trends, information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and make appropriate recommendations to drive the business forward
- Manages strategic communications across the network to ensure alignment with all cross functional partners.
Who you are
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail metrics
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, an aptitude for critical thinking
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- 10+ years of management experience in Logistics, preferably in Distribution and Fulfillment, with experience working with transportation, inventory management, demand/brand planning engineering and maintenance
- Experience with automated distribution systems, warehouse management systems, multi-site and/or multi-function logistics experience
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel to the market as needed
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs